BestinCLM, Investment Agency for Castilla-La Mancha, is the organization of the Regional Government in charge of:
• Promotion of Castilla-La Mancha amongst international investors.
• Coordination of information sourcing, location finding, grants/subsidies and financial estimates, initial contacts with public and private institutions.
• “Follow up Assistance” for companies already installed in Castilla-La Mancha.
• Long Term, fully committed partner.
• Free and Confidential services.
Key reasons to invest
1. Location and Markets
• Central location
• Borders with main consumer markets
• Easy access to Northern Europe, North Africa and Hub to Latin America
• 2.790 Km of Motorway (20% of all Spanish network)
• 1.000 Km of High Speed Train
• 2 Airports (Ciudad Real & Albacete)
• Easy access to International Airports (Madrid, Valencia)
• Low real estate cost (50% lower compared to other bordering business areas)
• Competitive salary costs
4. People and living
• Highly qualified people
• Spirit of commitment towards work
• Excellent quality of life
• No social conflicts or low absenteeism
5. Institutional support for investors
• Proactive and committed Government
• Grant available to projects
• EU “Convergence” status (up to 30% max.)
• Special support to R&D / innovative projects
6. Competitive Sectors
• Aerospace cluster:
Castilla-La Mancha is famous for hosting plants of major players in the sector (Airbus in Illescas and Eurocopter in Albacete). Our region hosts the 1st Spanish carbon fibre plant constituting a real hub for composites materials in addition to the existing Airbus and Aernnova sites. The Albacete Aeronautics and Logistics Park specializes in motorization and helicopter construction. On the other hand, Ciudad Real Central Airport, Spain’s first private airport, is an intermodal hub that combines air transportation, highway and High Speed train services.
• Renewable Energies:
Castilla-La Mancha has grown to currently become the leading producing region of renewable energies within Spain, particularly regarding wind and photovoltaic energy and has therefore become a referent not only in Spain but worldwide. At the end of 2008, the installed capacity was 3.416 MW wind energy, 800 MW solar photovoltaic energy.
700MW (14 plants) for CSP will be developed thanks to an agreement signed between 10 major companies of the sector and the regional government. CLM also hosts singular initiatives such as CORE Iberdrola (centre of commands for all Iberdrola wind turbines installed in the world), ISFOC (worldwide reference for promoting the development of Concentration Photovoltaic Systems) or National Institute for Hydrogen Fuel Cell, worldwide references in R&D related to renewable energies.
Agrofood industries count for 26% of the regional economy and 20% of employment. Castilla-La Mancha plays a major role in the Spanish agrifood sector with more than 2.500 industries, from small to medium size familiar companies to big multinational companies covering different sectors of the industry like meat, dairy products, soft drinks or vegetables. Traditional quality products are from CLM included manchego cheese, wine, olive oils, honey and saffron. Our efforts are addressed to quality products, 36 “quality figures” exists, 15 are for wines, 5 for olive oils denominations of Origin, but also for Manchego Cheese, honey , saffron, garlic or aubergines.
• Life Sciences:
Our Region offers good opportunities for developing R&D projects. Biotechnological companies are constantly looking for collaboration with Research Centers and Universities. A very good example is the Regional Center for Biomedics Research, part of the University of Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM).
Combining excellent infrastructures including dry ports, airports, high speed train and proximity with main consumers market in the Iberian Peninsula; Catilla-La Mancha has a strong and growing position in the logistics area.