1. Superb location
- 15 km from Barcelona city centre and 20 minutes from the airport and harbour.
- Dense highway and railway network, and future intermodal station joining interurban metro, commuter train, tramway and high-speed train.
- Integrated within an innovation hub, which is one of the largest concentrations of talent in Europe.
2. Cutting-edge knowledge centres - Top european research facility
Alba synchrotron: 4,000 scientists yearly and 30 research lines dedicated to pioneering studies in life sciences, energy, new materials, electronics and nanotechnologies.
- UAB University, Campus of International Excellence: 40,000 students; 300 accreditations, masters and PhDs.
- Esade Business School: 1,500 students; 80 accreditations, masters and PhDs. Leading research, technology and innovation parks
- UAB Research Park: 25 research institutes; 4,000 researchers; 50 spin-off companies.
- PTV Technology Park: 170 knowledge-based companies.
- EsadeCreapolis Innovation Park: 70 advanced companies.
- B-30 area: 10,000 companies, high level of research.
Availability of spaces
Parc de l’Alba’s first stage is already available, enabling the development of circa 600,000 m² of new scientific, technological and business spaces:
- 30 hectares of fully urbanised plots ready for companies with high scientific and technological services requirements.
- Mixed-use multi tenancy buildings, available by 2012, offering offices, laboratories, pilot plants and advanced manufacturing spaces for rent.
3. Surrounding innovat ive business and entrepreneurship
- Biotechnology, chemical & health: Boehringer Ingelheim, Roche, Lacer, Natura Bissé, Ferrer, Indo.
- Engineering and electronics: Hewlett-Packard, Epson, Sharp, Mitsubishi Electric, JVC, Telstar, Conei.
- ICT technologies: Rohde & Schwarz, RTVE, Intercom, Milcap Media, Fractus, GFT Iberia, atSistemas.
- Advanced services and manufacturing: Accenture, ISS, La Caixa, Nespresso, Bureau Veritas, Anuntis, Coritel.
- Business incubators: EsadeCreapolis Innovation Park, UAB Research Park, PTV Technology Park.
4. Added va lue research a nd innovat ion services
- Scientific, research and business services proposed to transform business ideas into market value results.
- Innovation support services, aimed at R+D+i management, intellectual property and patents.
- Complementary facilities, such as conference rooms, hotels, residences, leisure and sports
5. Stat e-of-the-art infrastructures
Latest generation infrastructures catering for the exceptional quality and reliability requirements of the Alba synchrotron:
- Extensive telecommunications network.
- Extremely reliable high power electricity supply.
- High energy performance district heating and cooling.
6. Top-quality urban and natural environment
- Superb location at the foot of Collserola natural park and fully integrated within Cerdanyola city.
- Large network of green areas and public spaces for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Sustainable housing neighbourhood with a wide range of facilities.
7. Strategic governmental project
- One of Catalonia’s most important projects, jointly developed by the Catalan Government’s Institut Català del Sòl and the Cerdanyola City Hall.
- One of the of the 3 vertices of the Barcelona Economic Triangle.
- Advantageous development and financing conditions for knowledge-based companies.